"I first walked into FHP over a decade ago - a qualified surveyor taking a chance in joining the market leaders to see if I was joining the best, to become the best. Half my working life later, I'm still here as a Director having learned so much and now passing that knowledge on to the less experienced in the office. The team mentality at FHP helped me progress and continues to help my colleagues progress and our clients to succeed."
Without doubt, FHP is the dominant agent in the Industrial/Warehouse market throughout the East Midlands and I'm proud of the fact that the strength of this domination has been mirrored by my rise through the ranks at FHP.
Whilst still keeping my hand in with Office deals (both acquisitions and disposal) my time is spent mainly advising ‘big shed’ occupiers, landlords and developers, but still taking care of owner occupiers in both corporate and family-run businesses.
Always changing, always needing to think on your feet and respond, the property world is no different to any other strand of business. I'm proud of my involvement in the development of any number of new Industrial and Warehouse schemes during the heady days of 2007. But I'm equally proud now, in tougher times, when a smaller scale client says a big ‘thank you’ for finding them an occupier for their pension-fund-owned unit which provides them with income for their retirement.
Life changes and property changes, but the challenge of providing service and success to clients remains constant.
- 96,000ft² prime distribution unit in Nottingham let on behalf of Scottish Widows Investment Partnership to Asda Stores Limited on a 15 year lease
- Build to suit deal done! Acting on behalf of Clowes Developments a significant 60,000ft² build to suit deal has just been completed at their prime Castlewood site at Junction 28 of the M1
- Sole Letting Agent of Unit A, Gateway 28, a 264,000 sq ft letting to Eurocell, providing one of the largest deals in the Country in 2009
- Sole Agent for Wilson Bowden Developments in the letting of the first 22 units at Blenheim Park, Nottingham
- Acquisition of 90,000 sq ft for a new Distribution Facility for National Autoparts at Alfreton
- 10 years' continuous re-instruction by Liverpool Victoria on their prime Industrial and Warehouse scheme in Nottingham, Easter Park
- 10 years' continuous re-instruction by Scottish Widows on their prime Nottingham Industrial and Warehouse park, Centurion Business Park
- Advising Cornerstone on their 93,000 sq ft Glaisdale Point Warehouse and Industrial scheme investment in Nottingham
After teenage years playing cricket, rugby and football at representative levels, as with property I now pass on that ‘experience’ coaching both junior football and cricket teams. This also enables me to spend even more time with the two real loves of my life - not Nottingham Forest or Test Match cricket, but my son and daughter (and of course my amazing wife) who've both been inflicted with the sports bug at early ages and already play sport at the highest standards!
Business, like sport, is about putting something back in for what you get out and it frustrates the life out of me that there seems to be a dwindling number of people prepared to say ‘I will’ rather than let others do all the donkey work!