“With trends and shopping patterns changing dramatically over the years, Retail is the most dynamic sector. The long-established maxim, 'Retail is detail', not only applies to the sector itself but also to the expert witness approach when dealing with Lease Consultancy and Rent Review negotiations.”
My life at FHP is an unusual combination of a Retail Agency role and acting as an Expert Witness for Retail Lease Renewals and Rent Reviews. It’s a diverse and varied job taking me much further afield than our core patch in the East Midlands; in my long career within the Retail Sector, I’ve become familiar with most towns and cities.
The proactive approach, rather than a reactive mentality, applies to both Agency and Professional work and is important to achieving success. The fact that FHP is involved with so many Retail deals gives us the first hand knowledge of the market that’s essential for presenting witness statements. We also have a substantial database of comparable evidence which is the envy of other firms.
- Retained Agent for Cardzone/Paper Kisses card shops, successfully acquiring over 25 units in the last 18 months in Yorkshire, East Midlands and South Wales.
- Continuing to act for Betfred Bookmakers within the Midlands and East Anglia region , having acquired over 50 branches for the company.
- Letting agent for Midlands Co-op retail portfolio in Derby.
- Lease Renewals acting for landlords of Pizza Express in Nottingham, TUI Travel in Aylesbury and Corals in Shrewsbury.
- Restructuring leases and lease renewals for existing tenant clients including Cardzone, Oxfam, Cotswold Outdoor and Penmark Cards.
- Preferred Agents for Derby Cathedral Quarter.
I have played league standard badminton for many years. It combines quick thinking, reading your opponent’s intentions and relying on your decisions to secure the right result.
In the opposite extreme, for relaxation and recharging the batteries I enjoy hiking in the Lakeland mountains, the Peak District or along the canal towpaths. I’m often asked, why do you want to walk up that mountain? My answer is that it’s a challenge which pushes me to my limits and I never tire of that feeling of achievement when you stand on the summit. What I don’t like is the thought of having to slow down as you get older!
“I am delighted with the result of this rent review Mark.”
David Pass – Eraih Limited
“Well done Mark. You did a great job.”
Trevor Morgan - 24/07/2017
“Seems like a good result to me, it took a long time getting there but it is a pleasing outcome. Well done!”
Laurence Flitterman — Flitterman Investments
“A quick note to thank Mark Bradley for his hard work and unrelenting efforts to get my lease sorted out.”
“Once again I would like to express my gratitude to you and your firm for your instrumental work during this lengthy deal.”