Surveyor, BA (Hons) MSc
I joined the Professional Services team in Nottingham in 2016, having completed a Master’s degree in Real Estate at Nottingham Trent University, graduating with Distinction. I previously graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a First Class Honours degree in Human Geography.
I am excited to be starting out my career alongside Andrew Chapman and his Team who have an excellent reputation in the Industry. I hope to build on my current experience working in residential and commercial agency and work towards becoming a Chartered Surveyor by completing the Assessment of Professional Competency.
I am currently involved in a wide range of work, including:
- Giving bespoke advise to Shopping Centre landlords with an emphasis on business rates auditing, empty rates strategies, budgeting and challenging the 2010 and 2017 Rating List.
- Challenging the 2010 and 2017 Rating Lists on behalf of a number of local and national commercial operators
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of claimants for compulsory purchase and compensation relating to Phase 2b of HS2 and Phase II of Nottingham Express Transit NET Tram in Nottingham
- Commercial property valuations
- Landlord and tenant work including rent reviews, lease renewals and Section 18 valuations
After spending the last five years inside the four walls of the university library, I can now enjoy the freedom to partake in outdoor pursuits, spending my weekends walking and cycling in the many Nottinghamshire country parks and the Peak District. I am also re-discovering my love for sport and I regularly play tennis and badminton. I have a passion for travelling and I am always looking for new and exciting corners of the world to visit. I am also a keen saxophonist and singer.