“Having known John Proctor and David Hargreaves professionally, when they invited me to join FHP in 1999 I had no hesitation in accepting. Since then I've been part of a fabulous team and I have seen the company grow from strength to strength. FHP is a brand leader, full of excellent professionals who all pull together – the basis upon which our business is built.”
Within the Professional Services Department, my day-to-day role involves dealing principally in Property Valuations and Investment Acquisition. I’m also trained as a Level 4 EPC Energy Professor to add to the range of services we’re able to provide our customers.
I’ve been part of the Nottingham Property Market for many years and am also now actively involved in the Newark Retail Market. As such I have many contacts and have advised clients in Investment Acquisition and in the Letting and Investment sale of Fat Face on Middlegate in 2010.
I qualified as a Level 4 Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Surveyor in 2008 and now undertake a range of assessments on all types of commercial buildings, ranging from a bar/restaurant complex to large and small industrial units, and a retail parade. My current role also includes bank Valuation Work, Investment Sales and advising in Property Litigation.
- EPC on a Retail Complex in Long Eaton
- Advising a bank on Industrial, Office and Retail portfolio in Northampton
- Disposal of 38/40 Middlegate, Newark which I let to Fat Face for 10 years at £45,000 pax. The investment was sold for £660,000 representing a yield of 6.44%
- Sale and subsequent Letting and Investment disposal of 30 Middlegate, Newark on behalf of ID Estates Ltd
- Acquisition of 0.52 acre of Residential Land for Harry Combellack and Sons on Fisher Lane Mansfield for £185,000
- Disposal of Industrial Investment on Fields Farm Road, Long Eaton, let to Maurice Lay Ltd expiring 15 May 2025 with a tenant’s break 26 October 2015 at £49,000 pax for £500,000 a yield of 9.4%. FHP were subsequently retained as Managing Agents
- Numerous Bank and Asset Valuations, including a portfolio for Newark Area Internal Drainage Board and advising Irish Banks on UK Asset Valuations.
- Advising insurers on potential PI Claims
Since my interest in golf waned and my legs said ‘no more’ to five-a-side football or road running, I’ve recently taken up cycling.
Living in the country my wife and I enjoy walking our ex-racer greyhound and visiting pubs in Southwell. I love growing my own vegetables and looking after our garden.
I have two grandchildren and a stepdaughter and son to keep me otherwise busy!