“Property is an essential part of every business. One of the most satisfying aspects of working within the profession is seeing projects through from an initial brief to completion and helping them to overcome issues along the way”
I joined FHP several years ago as one of the dominant agencies in the region, attracted by a shared ethos of quality of service, in depth market knowledge, adding value, teamwork and proactive approach. I have practised as a surveyor in Derby for many years and jumped at the opportunity to head up the Derby Office. The city and its environs have a healthy economy driven by manufacturing and high tech industries.
Having qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in 1996 I have worked for both national and regional practices across the East Midlands. I have and continue to deal with a wide range of properties and sectors including industrial and distribution, offices, development land, and retail.
Having had a many years of experience in the transactional side of the business, I now focus on property matters such as rent reviews, lease renewals, valuation, land use and strategic advice. My hands on market knowledge enables me to provide the best advice for clients. Our in depth knowledge in the local market combined with a practical approach and wide resources allow us to provide sound advice.
- Negotiation of rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Working with regional and national clients in both the private and public sectors on the disposal, letting and acquisition of premises.
- Undertaking valuations including S18 reports.
- Providing strategic advice on property portfolios.
- Highlights include the acquisition of 320,000 sq ft warehouse for an aerospace company.
- Agreement of rent review on 72,500 sq ft factory in Derbyshire.
- Sale and subsequent reletting of 17,000 sq ft at Ascot Drive Derby on a 10 year lease.
- Marketing some of Derby’s most high profile office schemes including Cardinal Square, Cathedral Green, Pentagon House and RTC Business Park.
Whenever possible I like to be in the great outdoors and living in Derbyshire Dales we are on the doorstep of the Peak District so often venture out as a family for one activity or another.
“We're pleased how responsive and quick FHP put together a deal with a strong occupier.”
Scott Bailey – Derbyshire Investments
“Thank you for the way you have conducted the sale of the two properties. Your professionalism and attitude have been excellent, I will have no problem in recommending you.”
Peter Butler – Fashion Ribbon
“We were extremely pleased with the service and attention to detail we received whilst securing this property”
Matt Crossfield – Proactive Personnel
“Tim has acted for us on our properties in Derby for several years and given us straightforward advice which has helped tailor our strategy. He has also achieved various lettings all to good quality companies and has sought to achieve the best outcome for us in terms of commercial agreement and strength of covenant, preferring to proactively seek out tenants who will be in the best long term interest of the estate.”
Dean Evans – Regency Asset Management