- A mentor and hopefully a source of inspiration to my own team, having quickly learned that you’re only as good as the team around you
- An advisor to business and entrepreneurs alike in respect of Business Rate liabilities, being happy to accept a challenge wherever that might take me – although even I felt drained after acting for Nissan at a Lands Tribunal hearing that lasted for five days!
- A member of the Compulsory Purchase Association, I greatly enjoy assisting those finding themselves being compulsorily acquired or affected by a scheme of public works
- An undertaker of Rent Reviews and Lease Renewals, particularly those that provide plenty of scope to put forward clever arguments
- Provision of Section 18 valuation advice and provision of expert’s reports, including experience at High Court level
The birth of my daughter, Olivia, was a life-changing event. Now she’s ten years old I find have progressed from assisting with school projects such as building papier-mâché dragons – painted pink with multi-coloured spots, of course – and trying desperately to make various oddments look like the Burj al Arab hotel to being a taxi service. When I’m not being a dad I spend my time supporting my wife in respect of her vintage china hire and ice cream business – www.vintage-english.co.uk – being relegated from boss at work to a lackie performing a whole host of menial tasks. In the time left over I enjoy visiting Old Trafford as often as I can to see Manchester United play – closing my ears to the taunts of colleagues that I am not a real Manchester United fan, given that I was born in Oldham, and contenting myself that at least being educated in a Salford comprehensive I lived far closer to Old Trafford than one of my other colleagues who shares the same passion and is ribbed mercilessly!